Spring is starting to show up in North Dakota. We just wanted to update everyone that Woodland is open and looking forward to seeing our valued returning and new customers. Many of you are our personal friends and want you all to understand that we can still enjoy the great fishing and outdoor activities that Woodland and Devils Lake offers in a safe and responsible way. Here are the points we want to focus on and what the State of North Dakota has outlined for lodging and camping businesses:
1. Social distance. Please maintain a 6' distance from other non family or non pod individuals. (a pod is non family members that you live with or associate with daily or regularly)
2. If you have had Covid 19 you need to self quarantine at least 14 days before you come to Woodland.
3. If you are not feeling good or have any Covid 19 symptoms please stay home. We will forward or refund deposits.
4. If you are camping at Woodland we are considering closing the shower house. If that happens only self contained campers will be allowed. We do have a fill station and a dump station. Please call us if you are planning on staying in a tent or if your camper is not self contained for water and sewer.
5. Bait shop-store will remain open. We will be doing multi daily sanitizing of surfaces, etc. If you need bait or other items and would prefer to not come in the building we can place items in the sidewalk outside main entrance.
If we are smart about our activities we can all enjoy the great outdoors and get some healthy fresh air!
Kyle and Karin Blanchfield
From ND State Health:
City/county municipal campground and private campgrounds can consider overnight camping if they choose to do so. Camping is an activity the can be safe, as long as strict social distancing practices are observed, attention is given to keeping campsites of people from different households separated and extra attention and frequency needs to be given to restroom cleaning. Restrooms should remain open with signage that only one person should occupy the restroom at a time. Self-contained campers/RV’s with water, restrooms and wastewater storage tanks are a good option for camping at this time. Campers that utilize seasonal or semi-permanent sites must make efforts to self-distance and avoid socializing at campgrounds. Campers should be notified to not use the campground if they are sick or were exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Opening of cabins at private campgrounds can also be considered, as long as ND Department of Health guidelines for lodging facilities are met. Cabin units must only utilized by members of a single household or pod. ND Department of Health guidelines for lodging establishments can be found here https://www.health.nd.gov/…/Lodging%20Establishment%20Coron…
Devils Lake Walleye School
Thursday September 17 - Sunday September 20, 2020 at Woodland Resort
Learn how to utilize your marine electronics to approach any lake and develop a game plan that works! The Pros will teach advanced and new walleye techniques that focus on both live and artificial baits!
Package Includes: 3 nights lodging, breakfast, lunch, and supper. Classroom instruction and on the water training, boat docking, bait, and ice. Click here to learn more.